Inspector Jet is not only there for its clients when their drains are blocked, but we also offer repair services when we identify a leak or a damaged pipe, to return plumbing systems to their fully functioning capacity.
Our CCTV camera footage and sonde locating devices allows us to pinpoint the exact location of a plumbing problem underground. Using a colour monitor, our specialists can examine the interior of a pipe once a blockage has been removed to identify any underlying issues. Our devices give us the location and depth of the pipe so we are able to dig up, repair and replace the pipe without too much mess and fuss.
When we notice that a repair needs to be made, first we will have to switch off the water supply to the property and carefully dig to the location of the pipe. The damaged section of the pipe will then be removed and replaced by fitting a new pipe into the system.
A leaky pipe that requires plumbing repairs can occur for a number of reasons.
- Advanced corrosion, where the minerals and chemicals in the water have eroded the interior of the pipe.
- Rubber seals that have degraded and leak water where there are cracks in the rubber.
- The incorrect water pressure can burst pipes, as the pressure can cause fixtures to leak.
- Cracks can occur in pipes and fixtures due to excessive force or heavy impact.
- Mistakes in the pipe layout can result in emergency plumbing services. An incorrect layout can cause backflow and other issue that result in water damage.
- Extreme water temperatures and water pressure can damage the pipe joints. The first sign of damage will be strange noises coming from the faucet when running hot water.
- Over time, pipes under your property may shift due to the foundation shifting or erosion, among other factors. Pipes may break if the shift is too extreme. Low water pressure, running water noises behind walls, or discolored water indicate there may be a a broken pipe.
- The most common is an untreated blocked drain. The clog could consist of chemicals, such as household cleaners or chemicals meant to remove the blockage, that erode the pipe.
If you experience any of the following instances, one of the above may have happened to you:
- Outrageously high water bills
- The water meter shows you have a leak
- Mold or mildew appears on the shower walls
- Ceilings or floors begin to become discoloured, damaged or begin to sag
- A musty smell
- Low water pressure
- Abnormal noises coming from the pipes in the wall
- Discoloured water
Do not hesitate to contact Inspector Jet if you require our plumbing repair services to identify the cause and resolve the leak in your plumbing system.